1. ‘SOOTHIKAMRITAM VIBHAGA’ – ASHTAMGAM POSTNATAL CARE UNIT
2. ‘SUPRAJA VIBHAGA’ – ASHTAMGAM PRECONCEPTION CARE
The development of preconception care that promotes health and prevents disease in women of reproductive age is a part of nationwide effort to improve birth outcomes. Ashtamgam Ayurveda Chikitsalayam & Vidyapeedham, being a responsible ayurveda institution, is now joining this endeavor. Lifestyle invited disorders affecting physical and mental health of the couple especially women, can definitely have a role in increasing number of abortions, complicated pregnancies and fetal anomalies. Ayurveda emphasize some regimens for couples to get a healthy offspring.
Benefits of preconception care unit are:
- Provision of ayurvedic interventions to the couples before conception for maximizing the gains for maternal and child health.
- Recommended in women who experienced a prior pregnancy loss, family history of congenital developmental disorders, chronic diseases like diabetes, hypertension, thyroid disorders, those who are above 30 years (especially>35 yrs), below 20 years etc. Preconception care can make a difference absolutely…
- Screening and diagnosis of couples following 6–12 months of attempting pregnancy, and management of underlying causes of infertility/sub-fertility.